About This Course
The Center for Legal Studies features on DVD format the same Paralegal Certificate Course© that has been offered for over 30 years at colleges and universities throughout the nation. Through your DVD player or your computer, this course is available to students who, because of location or schedule conflicts, are unable to attend the popular live lectures.
- Take course on your time in the comfort and privacy of your home or office.
- Students mail or email assignments and take-home exams.
- Review the material as many times as necessary for full retention of the information.
- Questions can be directed to the instructor via a toll-free number.
- Thirty-five (35) hours of a taped live lecture.
- California paralegals may need to complete Advanced Paralegal coursework to meet the requirements of California Business and Professional Code §6450. Please click here for more information.
- Students have a maximum of 6 months to complete Paralegal I and 6 months to complete Paralegal II (12 months total).
The Instructor of the DVD home study format is Steven Traubert, Esq., who has been teaching the Paralegal Certificate Course since 1997.
Required textbooks for the DVD format course:
- Paralegal Career for Dummies, 2nd Edition, by Scott A. Hatch & Lisa Zimmer Hatch
- Paralegal Certificate Course© Workbook by Margaret Kirk
- Legal Document Preparation Manual for the Paralegal Certificate Course©, Golden: The Center for Legal Studies, 2013
- Introduction to Paralegalism: Perspectives, Problems and Skills, 8th Edition. Minneapolis/St. Paul: West Publishing Company, by William Statsky.
- Federal Civil Rules Booklet, most recent edition, Dahlstrom Legal Publishing, Inc.
- A Uniform System of Citation (aka “The Bluebook”), most recent edition
- WESTLAW, online legal research access, available for a two month period for only $89.00 which is also required for completion of your appellate brief assignment Order Online Now
Highly Recommended Legal Resources:
- Oran’s Dictionary of the Law, 4th Edition, by Daniel Oran. Clifton Park: Delmar Cengage Learning
For more information, call The Center for Legal Studies at 888-407-5138, or visit our Online Store to order.
- Students have 30 days from the date they register for the DVD course to drop the class and receive a refund less a $100 non-refundable administrative fee.
- If students drop after 30 days from their registration date no refund will be issued.
- Materials, handouts, and/or DVDs, must be received by CLS in new condition no less then 30 days from the date of purchase. No items will be accepted after 30 days.
Please NOTE: If you registered for a CLS course directly with the college or university, you are subject to the school’s refund/drop policies.