Posted September 22, 2017
Collections Paralegal/ Legal Assistant
Law firm seeking full time Collections Paralegal/ Legal Assistant. The Collections Paralegal works closely with the Supervising Attorney to handle all litigation files for collections matters within the State of Tennessee.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include:
- Drafting, copying and filing all litigation pleadings in state courts, including Civil Warrants, Complaints, Judgments, and Garnishments; drafting and serving discovery on appropriate parties in contested matters; drafting additional pleadings as required by the Supervising Attorney;
- Conducting skip traces to locate defendants and assets and/or verify information for the purposes of collecting on Judgments;
- Contacting debtors to establish voluntary payment arrangements and follow-up on broken arrangements and NSF checks;
- Handling all incoming and outgoing correspondence for the Supervising Attorney;
- Maintaining the general organization of the department and its filing system;
- Assisting the Supervising Attorney in responding to any disputed collections accounts.
The Collections Paralegal should be familiar with the Tennessee Rules of Civil Procedure and Tennessee Revised Statutes regarding collections law. Must work in compliance with all Federal and State laws in addition to all guidelines set forth in the FDCPA, U.S. Bankruptcy Code, any applicable rules established by the local jurisdiction, and all other guidelines set forth.
- Minimum one year of experience in a law firm and/or paralegal certificate
- Minimum of six months’ experience as a Collections Paralegal preferred
- Full Time position- M-F (8:30AM-5:30PM)
- Strong Computer Skills (Adobe, Collection Partner, Excel, Outlook, TABS, Word, Word Perfect)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must work well with others
- Experience and knowledge of the collections industry a plus
- Must possess accuracy and attention to detail
Ambrose, Wilson, Grimm & Durand
507 S. Gay Street, Suite 1000
Knoxville, TN 37902