1. Printing, saving to computer and responding to e-mails. Put in alpha order. File as needed.
2. Drafting of various correspondence, forms and pleadings as well as correcting same (to include Settlement Agreements, Moratorium Agreements and Third Party Intervenors as well as other pleadings).
3. Opening of new files.
5. Checking judicial website daily for new Court notices.
6. Opening of mail.
7. Ordering supplies.
8. Refilling postage machine.
9. Dictation and corrections.
10. Closing out month end for billing purposes.
11. Checking Statute of Limitations monthly.
12. Answering phones.
13. Entering attorneys’ time for billing purposes in tab.
14. Checking Short Calendars weekly.
15. E-filing pleadings.
17. Organize organize organize.
18. General paralegal duties associated with civil litigation and workers compensation.
19. Invested, hard working, proficient and interested in turning out excellent work product.
20. Smart and able to think on his or her feet.
21. Independent thinker able to solve problems.
22. Excellent grammatical skills.
23. Some appellate work preferred.
24. Some experience in general practice a plus.
25. Address scheduling issues as they arise.
26. Works well with others.
27. Willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This may require some overtime.
28. Contact clerk, marshal, opposing counsel, physicians as needed.
29. Good rapport with clients in person and on the phone.
30. File away files, carry files, dig into files.