Posted October 22, 2019
Intellectual Property Paralegal (VA)
Mid-size Intellectual Property law firm in Reston, VA is seeking a full-time Paralegal. Responses requested from direct candidates only.
Responsibilities of the Paralegal include but are not limited to:
- Assisting attorneys with pre-litigation and litigation matters, including reviewing/monitoring incoming correspondence and preparing outgoing correspondence;
- Assisting attorneys with filing, docketing, and handling proceedings before the USPTO;
- Assisting attorneys with responding to requests from clients;
- Organizing, managing, and updating client files and pleadings;
- Reviewing and analyzing client files, data, and documents to assist in the investigation of facts and allegations involved in discovery;
- Scheduling and tracking depositions and filing deadlines;
- Providing back-up support to team and department for coverage and project assistance as needed.
The successful candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced, paper and electronic environment, and independently prioritize workload to meet filing due dates and other deadlines. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational skills, ability to work in a stressful environment, and attention to detail are required. Must be reliable regarding attendance and willing to work overtime and/or on weekends when necessary.
Education: Earning or earned a Paralegal Certificate or equivalent.
Experience: Some administrative experience with patent prosecution experience preferred.
Language: Japanese language preferred, but not required.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), document management, file management, calendaring, Adobe and other software.
If interested and qualified, candidates are invited to send their resumes to: [email protected].