Posted November 14, 2016
Entry Level Assistant
Posted November 14, 2016
Posted August 12, 2016
A prestigious law firm specializing in personal injury and medical malpractice is seeking an RN to review medical records and provide advisory services to the medical malpractice team.
BSN graduate of an accredited Nursing Program, current licensure as a Registered Nurse in New York and greater than two years clinical experience in an acute care facility, emergency services or trauma unit within the last 5 years. Previous experience in medical malpractice is preferred but not required.
Posted June 28, 2016
Crowell & Moring participates in the E-Verify program.
-Manage trials at Federal and State Court.
-Organize, manage, and update case files/pleadings (electronic and paper copies) including documents subject to protective order restrictions.
-Coordinate and provide guidance on case and project workflow for paralegals and project assistants.
-CiteCheck, Blue Book, and proofread pleadings, briefs and other documents as required.
-Coordinate and prepare legal teams in for bid protest hearings both at GAO and at Court.
-Review and analyze client files, data and documents to assist in the investigation off acts and allegations involved in discovery.
-Assist with preparing documents for production and witness files to be used at depositions, hearings or trial.
-Draft,edit, and proofread cover letters, internal and administrative memos, and Word documents.
-Assist with witness interviews including drafting and editing of witness interview memos.
-Track filing deadlines, and maintain bid protest calendars.
-Coordinate discovery and/or filings with courts or government agencies.
-Perform legal and factual research (including electronic and paper copies).
-Prepare trial, witness, or briefing notebooks (electronic and paper copies).
-Work under and adhere to terms of GAO and Court Protective Orders.
-Moderate knowledge of Government Contracts law and practice.
-Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
-Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding matters of a routine nature requiring ordinary tact and courtesy.
-Demonstrated ability to manage workflow for Project Assistants and junior level Paralegals.
-Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources to solve problems by applying precedent.
-Strong attention to detail, including superior spelling and grammar.
-Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic, and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
-Ability to interact effectively and professionally with attorneys and clients.
-Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
-Demonstrated records management skills.
-Ability to safely lift, move and carry boxes without assistance, weighing up to 50 pounds.
-Ability to travel and work overtime as necessary.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Directly relevant knowledge and experience in the specified area of law may substitute for educational requirement.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Posted June 6, 2016
The patent paralegal will prepare documents for filing and prosecution of US, PCT and foreign patent applications for a multi-national technology company.
A patent paralegal must display good judgment, effective interpersonal communications, a quick learning aptitude and confidentiality and discretion are required consistently.
• Finalize and assemble associated materials and transmit to USPTO or inventors.
• Prepare letters of instruction to outside counsels regarding prosecution and maintenance of firm’s patent files.
• Prepare documents for PCT filings and for filing with foreign patent offices.
• Draft letters to inventors regarding status of applications, upcoming deadlines, etc.
• Be responsible for the preparation of reporting letters and correspondence regarding formalities, Official Actions, Notices of Allowance, etc.
• Track status of pending applications.
• Coordination of payment of maintenance and annuity fees.
• Maintenance of patent docket database.
• Manage patent docket.
• Correspond with CPA/outside counsel regarding maintenance/annuity fees deadlines.
• Instruct annuity service regarding payment of fees.
• Maintain docket and files.
• Review, audit and make payments for bills from outside counsels.
• Part time or full time position.
• This is an entry level position.
• Candidate to be trained by Patent Professionals to learn the above processes.
• Candidate to have strong english proficiency.
• Candidate to either have (i) AA degree with specialization in paralegal program or (ii) a
bachelor degree with/without IP background.
PLEASE SUBMIT INTEREST TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted June 6, 2016
The City of Berkeley is seeking a Paralegal with exceptional analytical skills, judgment and dedication to public service.
Under general supervision, the Paralegal performs a variety of complex civil paralegal work and support services in the City Attorney’s office including; assisting in litigation, providing legal research, drafting documents, discovery and correspondence, representing the City in small claims actions, responding to subpoenas and Public Records Act requests, and drafting and managing leases.
Salary: $5,529.00 – $6,626.00 Monthly
(Plus generous benefits package)
• Researches, studies, and summarizes laws, court decisions, and other legal authorities;
• Compiles, organizes and analyzes various data for use in reports or other documents;
• Drafts a variety of legal documents, correspondence, reports, and other documents;
• Obtains, assembles, organizes and reviews documents and electronic files for purposes of
responding to Public Records Act requests;
• Drafts and responds to discovery, and prepares depositions and medical records summaries;
• Locates and interviews clients and witnesses in preparation for litigation; drafts declarations
• Confers with attorneys, investigators, and other individuals regarding legal matters;
• Attends court or other tribunal with attorneys, as required, or other legal proceedings;
• Communicates with City departments, agencies, courts and law offices;
• Assists ordinance enforcement as directed;
• Organizes, reviews, summarizes, searches and manages documents and electronic
• Responds to inquiries and requests for information from the public and City staff; and
• Determines accurate deadlines to ensure compliant responses to courts, adverse parties and
To qualify, you must have graduated from an accredited four-year college or university, or possess a paralegal certificate from a recognized paralegal program and two years of experience as a Paralegal engaged in the practice of civil law.
Applicants passing all examination phases will have their names placed on an employment eligible list that hiring department(s) will use to fill career full-time and temporary positions.
To apply and for more information about this opening, please visit our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/berkeley, no later than Monday, June 13 at 5:00 p.m. (PST).
Posted June 6, 2016
Law firm in Denver, CO is looking for an outstanding candidate to fill an available position for a full-time Pre-Litigation Personal Injury Paralegal.
The applicant must have a working knowledge of the claims process, preparation of demands and personal injury law in Colorado, must be able to communicate clearly with the clients, able to draft professional letters, learn new programs quickly. Needles experience a plus. They should also have strong critical thinking skills.
Interested parties, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Posted March 16, 2016
Fedick-Goodwin Law Office is seeking a full time legal secretary Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please respond by email only, no phone calls. Compensation based on experience.
Posted March 1, 2016
Posted March 1, 2016
Posted February 29, 2016
Intellectual property law firm in Aliso Viejo has an opening for an entry-level legal administrative assistant with the opportunity for growth. Basic duties will include file management, docketing, interacting with clients, and word processing. Candidate must be organized, detail oriented, have excellent computer skills, and be an energetic team player.
Position is full time. Health and 401K benefits provided.
Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.