Posted March 2, 2021
Litigation Paralegal (TX)
A Texas firm seeks a litigation paralegal with at least one year of experience for their Houston office. The full-time position includes responsibility for coordination of all the details before, during and after trial. The successful candidate will be able to provide assistance during all phases of the litigation process including conducting interviews, legal research, document filing and attending trials.
- Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research and initial case assessments
- Draft pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics, etc.)
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties
- Help with voir dire, jury selection and witnesses preparation
- Provide assistance with case settlements
- Proven working experience as a litigation paralegal
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices, etc.
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- Extensive computer and database expertise
- Paralegal associates degree or other relevant certification
- Paralegal certification
- At least 1 year of experience working as a paralegal
Interested candidates may contact hiring manager Christina Correia at 713-714-5014 or [email protected].