Posted January 19, 2023
- Assist clients with completion of CIS
- Draft CMO’s, Pleadings, Motions, Custody/Parenting Plans, Subpoena’s – prepare initial drafts from court notices (for attorney review), send forms, review all related materials with clients and ensure they have a copy, and that the client has reviewed/approved (motions/discovery).
- Discovery – Send Rogs, NTP, etc received from the adversary to the client with instructions and add due dates to the calendar.
- Schedule court dates on office calendar – remind attorneys of timelines/deadlines. Pull all files for cases scheduled 1 day prior to hearing or client meeting, with any filing not done and relevant parts of the file assembled.
- Follow up on all court related requirements/dates. Send notices to Clients with letter of explanation of court event.
- Provide excellent customer service by returning phone calls, set reminder calls to get materials reviewed and signed, inform customers of any billing matters, court dates, etc.
- Close Client Files – After the case has been closed and all monies are collected, scan all JOD, PSA, CIS, QDROS, etc. under the client’s file. The close out letter with the JOD and instructions should be prepared and sent to the client with their final bill.
- Pull time from Tabs to Excel
- Log all fees and time worked on cases into Tabs no later than the last day of the month.
- 2-5+ years of recent (within 2 years) relevant paralegal experience in family law
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Skilled follow-through
- Paralegal Certification/Associate’s Degree preferred but not required (Depending on experience)
- TABS3 law software desired, not required.
- Proficient in Adobe and Dropbox
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail.
Position Type: Considering both Temp-Perm and Direct Hire candidates.
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday