Posted September 17, 2019
Immigration and Family Law Paralegal (MI)
Immigration and Family Law Firm seeks an experienced paralegal. Possibility for growth and advancement opportunities based on job performance and abilities.
The position is full-time with an hourly rate of $15-19 depending on experience. A valid driver’s license is required.
Case Filing Duties: Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb County
- Performs legal research under the direction of an attorney.
- Gathers information regarding laws, ordinances, regulation, court decisions and similar materials.
- Drafts legal documents and correspondence including, but not limited to, briefs, pleadings, opinions, stipulations, and other legal documents.
- Prepares summaries of research results and conclusions.
- Locates and interviews clients and witnesses, and researches facts to obtain necessary information.
- Assists attorneys in conducting discovery by formulating discovery requests and discovery responses.
- Prepares histories and chronologies of events or other subject matter.
- Assists attorneys in all facets of trials including compilation of witness and trial notebooks and identification and compilation of trial exhibits.
- Maintains and operates computerized databases for docket control, case management, calendaring, and litigation support purposes.
- Provides administrative assistance such as preparation of case statistic reports, case summaries, litigation activity reports and other reports as requested by management.
- Organizes and maintains litigation, evidence materials, case, and other legal files and records.
- Files pleadings and other legal documents with courts or administrative agencies; e-files documents in all courts.
- Assists attorneys in carrying out their assignments.
- Summarizes discovery documents.
- Schedules and arranges depositions, and other requested meetings, conferences and hearings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications: Experienced (Non-Manager)
O*NET Code: 23-2011.00
O*NET Occupation: Paralegals and Legal Assistants
Education Required: Associates Degree
Job Characteristics: Full-time
Additional Requirements: None
Please send a writing sample with your resume to [email protected].