Are you planning to start your journey to a paralegal career?
The Center for Legal Studies (CLS) offers comprehensive paralegal certificate programs in California. With our highly qualified instructors and award-winning curriculum, we help aspiring paralegals advance their careers in the following colleges and universities in the state:
- California State University Monterey Bay
- California State University San Marcos
- California State University, Bakersfield, Extended University
- California State University, Long Beach College of Professional and International Education
- Gavilan College
- Humboldt State University
- Los Angeles Harbor College Extension
- Mt. San Jacinto Community College
- University of California, Santa Cruz Silicon Valley Extension
- University of the Pacific
Curriculum for Paralegal Schools | California
The curriculum from The Center for Legal Studies provides students with a complete understanding of the law. Whether they are pursuing a paralegal certification or an undergraduate degree in paralegal studies, students will learn the technical and practical skills required to work and thrive in a complex legal environment.
Students will learn how to perform a variety of paralegal duties, including:
- Preparing legal documents such as appeals, briefs, and contracts
- Filing pleadings
- Investigating facts and laws of cases
- Researching for a case through public records and other resources
- Gathering and analyzing documents and data
- Our program also covers the following topics:
- The basics of the legal profession
- Civil procedure
- Court structure
- Document preparation
- Interviewing and investigation
- Legal research and writing
- Legal terminologies, processes, and ethics
Students are required to complete high school (diploma or GED) or its equivalent in their country. All Certificates of Completion are issued within six to eight weeks after the end of the course.
A student who plans to work as a paralegal in the state of California may also need to complete the Advanced Paralegal Certificate Course to qualify to work as a paralegal in the state.
Why Choose the Center for Legal Studies?
Since 1980, The Center for Legal Studies has been providing students with an accessible path to the paralegal profession. We design our programs to equip you with knowledge in the most demanding areas of the law while offering the essential courses of study you need for foundational learning.
Learn Whenever, Wherever
Our programs are designed to fit your current situation. Choose between our Online Study or Independent programs and learn on your schedule at your location. Select your college or university, as well as the study format you desire to start learning at your convenience.
Pursue a Paralegal Education with Your Chosen Learning Method
The learning method you choose will put your legal education at your fingertips. We offer our courses online, live lecture (on-campus), and text-only formats. This comprehensive approach to online learning has earned us top honors from the Thomson West Publishing International.
Be Taught by the Best in the Field
Learn from highly qualified attorneys, paralegals, and other experts with years of legal experience. Through our broad network of partner colleges and universities, we can deliver a top-notch education that will help you be successful in the legal environment.
The Center of Legal Studies has decades of experience in providing flexible paralegal programs in California. Earn your certificate from your university of choice. For course schedules, call us at 1-800-522-7737 or email [email protected].