Texas offers plenty of career opportunities for aspiring paralegals. The state ranks fourth in terms of the highest employment level of paralegals and legal assistants, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) 2018 report. In May 2018, there were 24, 290 paralegals who made an hourly mean wage of $27.05 and an annual mean wage of $56,270.
You could be part of this growing number, too.
The Center for Legal Studies (CLS) equips aspiring paralegals for the job through our paralegal certificate programs in TX.
Meet Your Requirements
According to the State Bar of Texas, lawyers should look for three characteristics in potential paralegals: education, certification, experience. Enrolling in a paralegal school in Texas can help you meet all three.
With CLS, you can take your certificate training in the following colleges and universities:
- College of the Mainland
- Laredo College
- Sam Houston State University
- Houston-Tillotson University
- Grayson College
- Texas A&M University-Texarkana
- Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Texas A&M International University
- Texas A&M Christian University
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
- Tyler Junior College
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley
- University of Houston, Clear Lake
- University of the Incarnate Word
- West Texas A&M University
- Weatherford College
- Victoria College
Advance Your Career with a Paralegal School in Texas
CLS’ certificate program trains students to be ethical, knowledgeable, and effective assistants to lawyers. Once enrolled in our program, you will take the following courses:
- History of the Paralegal Profession
- Legal Writing and Research
- Court Structure
- Legal Ethics
- Legal Terminologies
- Investigation of Fact Patterns
- Preparation of Legal Documents
You may also take electives based on the area of law you wish to work. We offer certificate courses in intellectual property law, employment law, medical professional law, and more. By enrolling in the Center for Legal Studies, you’ll gain access to a vast pool of resources to advance your paralegal career.
Convenient Education for Everyone
Here at the Center for Legal Studies, we believe in providing a flexible education. We have students in various stages of their lives. Young professionals interested in pursuing law without enrolling in an actual college; parents who wish to pursue a paralegal career; international students and overseas law employees, and more.
You may take our paralegal certificate course in one of the following forms:
- Online. Students have 14 weeks to complete our online course, which includes two sessions: Paralegal I and Paralegal II. Paralegal I (Introduction to Paralegal Studies) discusses the foundation of paralegal studies while Paralegal II (Advanced Paralegal Concepts) teaches the advanced skills of legal writing and research, appellate procedure, and informal and formal advocacy.
- Live lecture. This 6-session course trains students to investigate complex fact patterns, interview witnesses, and assist in courtroom litigation. We require live lecture students to attend at least 80 percent of the class to receive their certification.
- Text-Only. This format is available to students who are unable to attend online or live lecture courses due to schedule or location conflicts.
Take the next step to becoming a paralegal in Texas. Enroll now and receive a paralegal certificate from your university or college of choice.