About This Course
CLS by BARBRI features in a text-only format the same Paralegal Certificate Course© that has been offered for over thirty years at colleges and universities throughout the nation. This course is available to students who, because of location or schedule conflicts, are unable to attend the popular live lectures.
- College credits are available through Adams State University.
- Take course on your time in the comfort and privacy of your home or office.
- Students mail or e-mail assignments and take-home exams.
- Review the material as many times as necessary for full retention of the information.
- Questions can be directed to the instructor via a toll-free number or e-mail.
- California paralegals may need to complete Advanced Paralegal coursework to meet the requirements of California Business and Professional Code §6450. Please click here for more information.
- Students have a maximum of 6 months to complete Paralegal I and 6 months to complete Paralegal II (12 months total).
- Schools offering the Text-Only format – Schedule and Costs
- Order Books Online
- Financial Aid Information
You will be expected to spend an average of 8 hours per week reading and completing writing assignments. Please note that extensions will not be granted for this text only course. 70% is the minimum passing score on all tests and assignments for this course. Students may consider working ahead in the curriculum if they have the time. Coursework in the Paralegal Certificate Course is equivalent to 90 clock hours of study.
Required textbooks for this course:
- Paralegal Career for Dummies, 2nd Edition. Hoboken: Wiley Publishing, Inc., 2019, by Scott A. Hatch and Lisa Zimmer Hatch.
- Paralegal Certificate Course© Workbook, Golden: CLS by BARBRI, 2010, by Margaret A. Kirk.
- Legal Document Preparation Manual for the Paralegal Certificate Course© Golden: CLS by BARBRI.
- Introduction to Paralegalism: Perspectives, Problems and Skills, 8th Edition. Minneapolis/St. Paul: West Publishing Company, 2016 by William Statsky.
- Federal Civil Rules Booklet, Dahlstrom Legal Publishing, Inc, most recent edition
- Uniform System of Citation (aka “The Bluebook”), most recent edition, Harvard Law Review.
- Sample Pages: Illustrations of Organization and Research Techniques in Thomson Reuters Publications, 5th Edition. Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct, most recent edition. ABA Center For Professional Responsibility**
**Please note the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct are also available online. If you have Internet access, you may choose to access the rules online in lieu of purchasing the text.
Highly Recommended Legal Resources:
- WESTLAW, legal research access, available for a 60-day period for only $89. Order Online Now
For more information, call CLS by BARBRI at 800-522-7737, or visit our Online Store to order.
- Students have 30 days from the date they register for text only courses to drop the class and receive a refund less a $100 non-refundable administrative fee.
- If students drop after 30 days from their registration date no refund will be issued.
- Materials must be received by CLS in new condition no less then 30 days from the date of purchase. No items will be accepted after 30 days.