The Center for Legal Studies
Online Student Login
1 (800) 522-7737
Toll Free
Join us on Facebook!
Visit our Online Store
Financial Aid Information for CLS Programs

Financial Assistance Programs

There are a variety of funding options available for continuing education courses. Please note that Federal Financial aid typically does not cover non-credit courses. If you are not taking the course for college credit and are simply training for a new career, please consider the funding options listed under non-credit below. Please be advised that not all schools will accept financial aid.*

Funding for credit courses

Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, and other Federal Financial Aid

Federal financial aid (FAFSA) including Pell Grants or Stafford loans, may be available to degree seeking students who take the course for college credit through Adams State University.

Students wishing to receive college credit and use FAFSA funds will need to contact the school directly to enroll. Please call Adams State University at 1-800-548-6679 for more information.**

** Please note that students who are already enrolled as a degree seeking student and who are already receiving federal financial aid may be able to use additional funds to pay for the course even if it is not offered for credit (just like students may use additional funds to pay for books). Please check with your school to see how they handle additional funds to your account.

Funding for non-credit courses

Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Funding

Funding options for non-credit courses may be available through your local workforce center. WIA provides funding for job training that you do not have to pay back assuming you meet the eligibility requirements. Funding and eligibility requirements vary from county to county, so please call your local Workforce Center or employment office for information. Check your local government section in your telephone directory white pages or check your county website for the employment office in your area.

Continuing Education Loans

Loans may be available for continuing education students who are not enrolled in a full-time course of study. Please make sure when you contact these institutions to mention our certificate course and the school in which you are enrolling.

Sallie Mae Career Training LoanSM

The Career Training LoanSM has been designed specifically to help you finance your education or training and offers hundreds of dollars in savings over other financing options. It can be used for distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and related expenses, and loan applications can often be completed within minutes. For the primary terms and conditions of the program and further information, or to apply over the phone, call 1-888-2-SALLIE or visit their web site at

Good luck, and remember that your local bank may also have educational loans available.

*Westfield State University and California State University-Monterey Bay have requested that students not contact their school regarding financial assistance.

Contact Us

You can also register for courses or purchase course materials by contacting us.

Mailing Address

Mailing Address:

The Center for Legal Studies
523 Park Point Drive, Suite 320
Golden, CO 80401

Click to view Privacy Notice

Privacy Notice

This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for

Try the CLS Online Store

Try the CLS Online Store

Here you can register for CLS courses and purchase all your course materials online easily.