There are a variety of funding options available for continuing education courses. Please note that Federal Financial aid typically does not cover non-credit courses. If you are not taking the course for college credit and are simply training for a new career, please consider the funding options listed under non-credit below.

Funding for Non-Credit Courses

Monthly Payments with Affirm

Affirm is a financing option method available to U.S. residents and territories, excluding Iowa and West Virginia. Using this payment method allows you to make easy monthly payments and your first payment is not due for 30 days from date of purchase. Just select Affirm as your payment method on the checkout page and follow the instructions given. You must have a minimum balance of $995 and can use this service for tuition and books. For more details, please reach out to us or learn more here.

Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) Funding

Funding options for non-credit courses may be available through your local workforce center. WIOA provides funding for job training that you do not have to pay back assuming you meet the eligibility requirements. Funding and eligibility requirements vary from county to county, so please call your local Workforce Center or employment office for information. Check your local government section in your telephone directory white pages or check your county website for the employment office in your area.

Continuing Education Loans

Loans may be available for continuing education students who are not enrolled in a full-time course of study. Please make sure when you contact these institutions to mention our certificate course and the school in which you are enrolling.

Sallie Mae Career Training Smart Option Student Loan®

The Sallie Mae Career Training Smart Option Student Loan® has been designed specifically to help you finance your education or training and offers hundreds of dollars in savings over other financing options. It can be used for distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and related expenses, and loan applications can often be completed within minutes.
**Only select partner schools are able to utilize Sallie Mae funding. Please call CLS by BARBRI at 1-800-522-7737 to speak with a representative to determine the best match for you and obtain contact information.

Military Funding

If you have eligibility for the Post-9/11 GI Bill or MyCAA Educational Funding, you may be able to use your benefits toward distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and related expenses.
**Since not all partner schools accept Military funding for our courses, we ask that interested students call 1-800-522-7737 to speak with a CLS representative to be matched with a participating partner school.

Funding for Credit Courses

Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, and other Available Payment Options

Federal financial aid (FAFSA) including Pell Grants or Stafford loans, may be available to degree-seeking students who take the course for college credit through Adams State University.

Students wishing to receive college credit and use FAFSA funds will need to contact the school directly to apply for admission as a degree-seeking student and submit an application and application fee. Please call Adams State University at 1-800-548-6679 for more information.