There are a variety of funding options available for continuing education courses. Please note that Federal Financial aid typically does not cover non-credit courses. If you are not taking the course for college credit and are simply training for a new career, please consider the funding options listed under non-credit below. Please be advised that not all schools will accept financial aid.*

Funding for Credit Courses

Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, and other Federal Financial Aid

Federal financial aid (FAFSA) including Pell Grants or Stafford loans, may be available to degree seeking students who take the course for college credit through Adams State University.

Students wishing to receive college credit and use FAFSA funds will need to contact the school directly to apply for admission as a degree seeking student and submit an application and application fee. Please call Adams State University at 1-800-548-6679 for more information. **

** Please note that students who are already enrolled as a degree seeking student and who are already receiving federal financial aid may be able to use additional funds to pay for the course even if it is not offered for credit (just like students may use additional funds to pay for books). Please check with your school to see how they handle additional funds to your account.

Funding for Non-Credit Courses

Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) Funding

Funding options for non-credit courses may be available through your local workforce center. WIOA provides funding for job training that you do not have to pay back assuming you meet the eligibility requirements. Funding and eligibility requirements vary from county to county, so please call your local Workforce Center or employment office for information. Check your local government section in your telephone directory white pages or check your county website for the employment office in your area.

Continuing Education Loans

Loans may be available for continuing education students who are not enrolled in a full-time course of study. Please make sure when you contact these institutions to mention our certificate course and the school in which you are enrolling.

Sallie Mae Career Training LoanSM

The Career Training LoanSM has been designed specifically to help you finance your education or training and offers hundreds of dollars in savings over other financing options. It can be used for distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and related expenses, and loan applications can often be completed within minutes.
**Only select partner schools are able to utilize Sallie Mae funding. Please call The Center for Legal Studies at 1-800-522-7737 to speak with a representative to determine the best match for you and obtain contact information.

Military Funding

If you have eligibility for the Post-9/11 GI Bill or MyCAA Educational Funding, you may be able to use your benefits toward distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and related expenses.
**Since not all partner schools accept Military funding for our courses, we ask that interested students call 1-800-522-7737 to speak with a Center for Legal Studies representative to be matched with a participating partner school.