Adams State University
Personal Injury for Paralegals
About This Course
This course may be available for college credit and may be used to earn an A.A. or B.S.B.A. Degree with an emphasis in Legal Studies through Adams State University.
*Students taking the course through Adams State University will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from The Center for Legal Studies.
With this exciting, fast-paced class you will learn many of the legal terms, causes of action, and remedies available to victims of personal injury accidents. We will review the negligence theory of torts upon which many personal injury claims are based. Students will discuss interviewing, investigating and other case building techniques vital to a personal injury paralegal’s success in the law office.
Class discussions and lesson material will include the different kinds of personal injury claims including (but not limited to): car accidents, slip and falls, medical negligence/malpractice, manufacturer product defects, and class-action lawsuits. Discover the basic categories of damages recovery, statutes of limitations, and schemes for liability.
Successful graduates of this course will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from the college or university of their choice.
- Interview clients with a narrative of the injury
- Review medical records and nurses’ notes
- Prepare summaries of depositions
- Interview medical witnesses
- Observe and identify possible areas of negligence
- Keep and organize a trial notebook
- Understand the concept of products liability
- Be familiar with the concept of duty toward the victim
- Distinguish personal injury from torts to property or reputation
- Distinguish private torts from governmental torts under the Federal Torts Claims Act
Please call 1-800-522-7737 or email [email protected] for more information.
The Personal Injury for Paralegals is offered in the following formats:
Classes are available from any computer with Internet access. This course is designed to more thoroughly examine the duties and scope of responsibility for personal injury paralegals.
- View the Course Syllabus
- Hands on practical application exercises to hone your paralegal skills
- Thorough examination of preparation of a trial notebook
- Students benefit from direct interaction with the instructor and other students.
- Once registered, your password and access information will be sent via email prior to the start of class.
To register, call 1-800-548-6679
Register with School